June 17, 2020
Dear STEM School Highlands Ranch Graduating Families,
It is with incredible enthusiasm that I reach out to you with details to celebrate our Resilient and Ready Class of 2020!
As we shared last week, our variance request for outdoor, in-person graduation ceremonies was approved. Our Class of 2020 has worked incredibly hard over the past 13 years to achieve this milestone moment, and I look forward to celebrating with each and every student.
As you can imagine, things will look a bit different at this year’s ceremony. Below you will find important details about our celebration. Please review these carefully, so we can all enjoy this experience together.
STEM School Highlands Ranch’s graduation will take place on Monday, June 22, 2020 at 9 a.m. The ceremony will be held at EchoPark Stadium, 11901 Newlin Gulch Blvd, Parker, CO 80134.
Before/After the Ceremony
- Before and after each graduation ceremony, a group of trained and experienced staff will sanitize all surfaces, including seats, podium, handrails, etc.
- Those who do not feel well, are running a fever, or are not comfortable attending the ceremony should stay home and watch the event via Livestream, provided by DCSD Communications.
- Prior to attending the ceremony and in order to mitigate health risks, please review the following behavior and health expectations:
- Please follow all social distancing guidelines before, during and after the graduation ceremony.
- If the graduate or someone attending the ceremony has had a fever, cough, congestion, chills, shortness of breath, or any other illness in the past 14 days, do not attend the ceremony. Graduates unable to attend will still be honored and can watch the Livestream of the ceremony.
During the Ceremony
- The ceremony will last approximately one hour and 30 minutes.
- Each graduate is allowed up to two family members/guests who will be seated in the stadium bleachers during the ceremony.
- To RSVP for graduation, please visit: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfnVy4Zp5mClOL2X40EHizL3W_HUs6ipipytFZKd5U-SKkSug/viewform?usp=sf_link
- If you are part of a dual household, please indicate that on the form so we can reach out to you.
- Family members/guests will be seated six feet apart from other families in the designated seating areas.
- Every other row of seating will be closed to maintain social distancing.
- In alignment with health department guidelines, graduates and family members/guests must wear face coverings over the nose and mouth as you enter/exit the ceremony. Once you are seated, you can remove your face covering if you wish to do so.
- Graduates will be seated on the football field six feet apart from each other.
- Graduates will wear their approved cap and gown for the ceremony.
- As the graduate’s name is announced, each will walk to the stage to be acknowledged in a no-contact manner by dignitaries, and will have a professional photo taken.
- In order to remain in compliance, we ask all graduates to wear their mask as they walk up to and across the stage, as well as when they are walking back to their seats. Graduates may remove their masks for the professional photo that will be taken once they exit the stage.
- DCSD Security staff will monitor social distancing requirements and aid in managing attendance flow into and out of the ceremony area and parking lots.
- As the ceremony comes to a close, we ask that all graduates follow the instructions that will be shared from the podium. Due to health concerns and restrictions from our approved variance, graduates may not throw their caps at the conclusion of the ceremony. We understand that this is not ideal, but we appreciate your assistance.
After the ceremony
- Graduates and family members/guests are asked to immediately leave the stadium following the ceremony to allow for the cleaning process to begin.
- In order to maintain social distancing, no one will be allowed to congregate on school district property, including the field and parking lot areas.
Other Important Details
- Restroom access will be limited and available only for emergency purposes.
- In the event of inclement weather, the graduation ceremony may be delayed, rescheduled, or canceled. Families will be alerted by email, text, and phone (per your emergency communication preferences), and updates will be posted on the DCSD and STEM Facebook and Twitter pages.
In the coming days, a video overview and infographic showing graduates and families what to expect during the graduation ceremony will be made available. This will include details on parking, the graduate experience on the field, etc.
Although this will not be our traditional graduation ceremony, I am certain that it will be one to remember. I am thrilled that we can celebrate the amazing accomplishments of our Class of 2020 together. I look forward to seeing you soon.
Dr Leanne Weyman
Director, STEM School Highlands Ranch