Gitanjali Rao, STEM seventh grader who was awarded the title of "America's Top Young Scientist" at the 3M Discovery Education Challenge, also returned from the Denver Metro State Science Fair with an abundance of wins.
The awards included:
- First in material sciences category
- Leyendecker and Lemire award for a product that can be patented
- Office of Naval Research award
- Excellence in Water science award
- Best in show (1st place) award among all entries in Denver middle schools
- Selected as a state finalist
- Selected as a Broadcom Masters nominee
She won best overall project in the junior division for the entire state of Colorado! The event had over 800 students who participated in this year's state science fair.