Thank you for visiting our Strategic Plan page. We are in the development stage of our Strategic Plan.
- GOAL: Create a teacher care model that promotes growth and support
- This goal was created because we want to create authentic systems that attract and retain high-caliber teachers. Taking care of our teachers is crucial. There is a nationwide shortage of teachers and creating a teacher-care model that promotes growth and support, is important so that our students have a teacher they love.
- GOAL: Build trust within parent community
- This goal was created because we want everyone to feel Trust and Trusted. By creating a community of Collective Efficacy, we are building a shared responsibility of common trust.
- GOAL: Implement an independent funding strategy outside of Per-Pupil Revenue (PPR)
- This goal was created because we want to develop relationships within the community that lead to supporting our mission, vision and values for our students, teachers and staff. Why is this important? So that funding is never a limiting factor on our potential. We want to take full advantage of grant opportunities and overcome all barriers.
- GOAL: Develop a model for distributed leadership that includes students
- This goal was created because we want to empower individuals to develop their own leadership style in order to ethically and positively impact the world.
- GOAL: Achieve community alignment around strategic plan
- This goal was created to explore future opportunities for the implementation of the strategic plan.
- BIG HAIRY AUDACIOUS GOAL: Our instructional method for all
STRATEGIC PLAN FAQs
Q: What is a Strategic Plan?
A: A strategic plan creates a long-term vision for a school based upon what has made the organization successful in the past. The mission, values, strategies and brand promise ground the school in behaviors that generate success while the Big Hairy Audacious Goal and Goals provide direction to build upon those successful behaviors.
Q: Is a Strategic Plan required?
A: As part of our contract to re-charter within the Douglas County School District, we were asked to provide a strategic plan. Our strategy process started in 2017 and in August we started a rigorous updating.
Q: What is the strategic planning process?
A: Once the framework for the school’s plan is designed (see the attached document), it is reviewed and updated quarterly because of the dynamics of our environment.
Q: Who creates the Strategic Plan?
A: At the STEM School of Highlands Ranch, the Board of Directors has designated a Strategic Planning Committee that represents each stakeholder group within our community. These eleven people meet quarterly to update the plan and advise the Board.
Q: Who owns the Strategic Plan?
A: The community owns the plan; that is why each stake holder group is represented on the committee. The Executive Director and administrative team are accountable for implementation of the plan.
To prepare for the Town Hall, please review the one-page document below.