At STEM School Highlands Ranch, We are More than Just STEM
We put innovation in the center of learning to prepare students to thrive in an ever-changing world. From science and technology to the environment and global economy, we know that the future will be full of reinvention and change. This is why our academic curriculum offers a creative, exciting and challenging academic model that uniquely blends the limitless potential of every child with a fun, empowering STEM-infused learning environment, putting innovation in the center of learning while fostering the creativity, critical thinking and collaboration that will be needed to succeed in the 21st century and beyond.
Academics at STEM Embodies:
- Innovation: We believe that in order to teach innovation, we need to innovate the way we teach and learn. Both are in a constant state of creation and change.
- Rigor: Our curriculum is challenging but not about churning out facts and figures. Students are challenged by working collaboratively to question, build and design solutions to real world problems.
- Real World Problem Solving: Through hands-on, real world problem solving, students learn critical thinking, collaboration, safe-failure and applied innovation.
- Student Centered: Our student-centered, teacher guided approach makes learning more engaging, exciting and empowering for all parties, while encouraging well-rounded student development.
- Unlimited Potential: We believe in the unlimited potential of every child and we use the power of innovation to help every child succeed in an exponentially changing world.
Music, Language and Creative Arts, Theater and Foreign Language Come Alive
To us, STEM is much more than an acronym, a curriculum or program. It’s a way of seeing, thinking and doing in the world that empowers students and prepares them for a 21st century world. As an early adopter in the STEM education movement, we know that the power of STEM is not limited to an exceptional STEM curriculum.
We unlock the potential of our students by integrating STEM principles - such as asking questions, exploring possibilities and designing solutions into many academic areas, including humanities and arts. At STEM School Highlands Ranch, our music, arts and language programs are as rich as our computer, science and technology programs.
Innovation in Action
Walk down any hall here at STEM School Highlands Ranch and you can hear the sounds and feel the energy of innovation happening in every classroom. Below are some examples of ‘innovation in action’ at STEM School Highlands Ranch:
- High School history class integrates the learning of World War I by having students create the artificial intelligences of WW I leaders include Kaiser Wilhelm II and Woodrow Wilson. Artistic design of the leader's heads, research into their personalities and engineering and computer programming of their artificial intelligences.
- Music students write, compose and perform original works using Ableton Live, professional sound and editing software.Middle School social studies, art, music, language arts, computers and natural sciences come together as 7th graders create Virtual Reality Holocaust museums. Utilizing Blender, Unity and UnReal 3-D software, the students’ vision of this historic period come alive.
- Elementary School students combine computer coding, language arts and mathematics to engage and excite even our youngest learners.